Calling all young composers through the age of 19! The Asia America Symphony Association’s 13th Annual Orchestral Composition Competition is open for submissions:
- Composition must be an original orchestral composition
- Composition must be no more than four minutes
- Composition can be from the following genres: traditional, classical, jazz, popular contemporary music
- Composers must be no older than 19 years of age, and can be from any country
- Applicants must submit a score and audio CD demo of an original orchestral composition (no vocals)
- Deadline for submission is April 15, 2016.
The winning composition will be performed on Saturday, May 15, 2016 by the Asia America Youth Symphony and receive $1000.
To enter the competition, download the application form here and submit your application, score, and audio CD demo by April 15, 2016.